Performance Fabric FAQ
Woven from 100% polyester using high energy UV dyes and finished with Defend +, Sister Parish Performance fabrics are designed to repel water, as well as resist mold, mildew, and staining. They are guaranteed to resist fading for 3 years and last season after season, indoors or out. The durable weaves and refined texture make them great for homes with pets and kids.
Do you have fabric minimums? What else do I need to know for ordering fabric?
- We have a 2 yard minimum for our fabric. We don’t sell half yards, so please round up. Each fabric has a usable width of approximately 56 ”. Please check specific product page for exact width and repeat information.
- Our repeats are listed horizontally and vertically. So a 13” H , 7” V repeat is 13” horizontal and 7” vertical. Please see individual product pages for repeat and width information.
- What is a CFA and do I need one when ordering?
- A CFA (cutting for approval) is a small piece of fabric from the actual dye lot that you will be receiving. Whether to order one or not is optional. This piece serves as a confirmation of pattern and color. Once you approve the CFA, if you have chosen to order one, we can ship your order. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
- What is a “dye lot”?
- As you probably know, Sister Parish fabrics and wallpapers are primarily handscreened at a mill. When we create new inventory of a print, the mill fulfills our order by creating between 50 and 100 yards of fabric or wallpaper all at one time - that yardage is called a "lot".
- The dye that is mixed and applied to the fabric or paper to create the print on that lot is specific to that set of 50-100 yards of fabric or wallpaper.
- When we sell all the yardage in that lot, and need to order another 50-100 yards for our inventory, the dye is mixed again to be applied to the fabric or paper. Of course, there is a formula for the dye that is used to achieve the colors for each specific print so it is the same each time, but as this is largely an artisan process, subtle variations in color may occur between lots. So, for example, one dye lot of Burmese Seafoam might be a little lighter or a little darker than another dye lot of Burmese Seafoam because they are from different production orders.
- Therefore, each lot is assigned a specific number so we can always tell you how much yardage is left in one dye lot, and how much is in another. This way, any subtle mis-matches in color are avoided by assuring that all of your yardage is ordered from only one dye lot for your project.
- Where is your fabric woven?
- Our fabric is woven in Pennsylvania.
- What is the lead time for fabric orders?
- In-stock fabrics will ship within 1-3 business days of receiving the order!
- Any item that is back ordered will ship within the product's lead time stated on its product page. When your order ships, a shipment confirmation with a tracking number will be sent to the email address entered at checkout.
- Rush shipping is available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
- How to clean Performance Fabric?
Blot (don’t rub) liquid spills with a clean, dry cloth. For oil-based spills, apply
an absorbent such as corn starch, then remove with a straight edge.
- We recommend cleaning with natural soap in lukewarm water. Sponge and rinse thoroughly with clean water to remove dirt. Air dry.
- The patterns are also Bleach Cleanable (4:1 ratio) with a cleaning code of “WS”.
- W/S [ Water based detergent or Solvent ]
- Professional dry cleaning is recommended for tough stains.
- What is Defend +?
- DEFEND +Protective Coating is a cleanable, durable, water and oil repellent finish, that is cured onto the fibre while still retaining the original textured, fabric-like surface characteristics, breathability and hand of the fabric.
- The DEFEND+ finish also incorporates antimicrobial properties, which inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungus on the fabric.
- I would like to order a sample of a fabric or wallpaper that is showing "Out of Stock". Can I still order?
- Yes! Our website inventory is updated for yardage only (not for samples) so you can place an order anytime. Sometimes we do run out of a particular sample temporarily but for the most part we have ample sample inventory on hand. So go ahead and have fun!
- Have a question regarding Shipping or Returns?
- Please visit our Shipping & Returns page
- Have More Questions?
- Feel free to call us at 1-800-970-3366. during office hours (9-5pm EST) or email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you with answers!