DOWNLOAD OUR WALLPAPER HANGING INSTRUCTIONS HERE.
Handscreened techniques and the organic nature of our our products create subtle variations in color and design, adding special uniqueness to our prints.
- Do you have wallpaper order minimums? What else do I need to know for ordering wallpaper?
- We have a 2 roll minimum for our wallpaper. Wallpaper is sold by the roll. Each roll is 5 yards in length, with approximately 27” of usable width. Please check specific product page for exact width and repeat information.
- Please have your wallpaper installer quote you by the yard. Feel free to have them get in touch with us directly if they have any questions. We don’t sell half yards, so please round up.
- Our repeats are listed horizontally and vertically. So a 13” H , 7” V repeat is 13” horizontal and 7” vertical. Please see individual product pages for repeat and width information.
- Wallpapers are packed in double (10yd) but priced by single roll.
What is the lead time for your wallpaper?
- In-stock wallpaper will ship within 1-3 business days of receiving the order.
- Any items that are back ordered will ship within the product's lead time stated on its product page. When your order ships, a shipment confirmation with a tracking number will be sent to the email address entered at checkout.
- Rush shipping is available. Please email email@example.com to learn more!
What is a CFA and why do I need one when ordering?
- A CFA (cutting for approval) is a small piece of wallpaper from the actual dye lot that you will be receiving. Whether to order one or not is optional. This piece serves as a confirmation of pattern and color. Once you approve the CFA, if you have chosen to order one, we can ship your order. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org any questions.
What is a "dye lot"?
- As you probably know, Sister Parish fabrics and wallpapers are primarily handscreened at a mill. When we create new inventory of a print, the mill fulfills our order by creating between 50 and 100 yards of fabric or wallpaper all at one time - that yardage is called a "lot".
- The dye that is mixed and applied to the fabric or paper to create the print on that lot is specific to that set of 50-100 yards of fabric or wallpaper.
- When we sell all the yardage in that lot, and need to order another 50-100 yards for our inventory, the dye is mixed again to be applied to the fabric or paper. Of course, there is a formula for the dye that is used to achieve the colors for each specific print so it is the same each time, but as this is largely an artisan process, subtle variations in color may occur between lots. So, for example, one dye lot of Burmese Seafoam might be a little lighter or a little darker than another dye lot of Burmese Seafoam because they are from different production orders.
- Therefore, each lot is assigned a specific number so we can always tell you how much yardage is left in one dye lot, and how much is in another. This way, any subtle mis-matches in color are avoided by assuring that all of your yardage is ordered from only one dye lot for your project.
Where is your wallpaper printed?
- Our wallpaper is printed in Patterson, NJ.
Can your wallpaper be used in a bathroom?
- Yes it can! SP wallpaper has been used in bathrooms by our clients for years. We just don’t recommend wallpapering inside your shower or directly behind a very high traffic sink, where it would be continually splashed with water. If your wallpaper gets dirty you can wipe clean with a soft sponge or cloth with a mild soap and water.
Do you print custom wallpaper colors? Custom ground colors?
- Yes! We can do both custom ground colors and custom pattern colors. Refer to our Custom Orderpage for more information.
Can you print commercial quality wallpaper?
- Please email email@example.com more information on commercial quality wallpaper.
Can I match a wallpaper and fabric in the same pattern?
- Due to the different production natures of fabric and wallpaper, we are unable to guarantee an exact match between a fabric and wallpaper pattern. When creating our collection we carefully consider how each pattern will look best once it is translated to a specific medium. Our patterns are meant to be mixed and matched, and we would be happy to help advise on a pattern or color that would coordinate with your project.
Have More Questions?
- Feel free to call us at 1-800-970-3366. during office hours (9-5pm EST) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org we will get back to you with answers!